The purpose of this blog is to show how faith, my professional training and a healthy sense of humor taught me and continues to teach me that Jesus Christ is always in control. I am a fellow learner as this journey for my child unfolds. My wish is that Ben's legacy gives others hope where there seems to be none. It is also my desire that the information I have assimilated with my medical mind and filtered through a mother's heart gives practical ways to deal with this ever-changing chronic disease. Finally, for the many friends and family members who continue to follow Ben's life change after the injury, the story continues.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Yesterday, at 5:05pm we received notice that our insurance company has approved Ben's treatment at a neurorecovery center specific for his needs. This is a miracle that only God could have orchestrated.
It has been 4 weeks of denial after denial peppered with appeal after appeal. Jim and I have been facing dwindling resources just when Ben is improving rapidly and needs them the most. Reading about Elijah waiting by the stream as the water dried up. Elijah then received his marching orders to move to a new place. God never left him. God hasn't left us. Ben will be moving to his new place on Monday. Just spoke to him on the phone, smiling when he said, "Please keep me in the loop!". God knew! God provided! The new solution is better than the first placement and has a better chance to move Ben ahead in life. Praise! It will be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment