The purpose of this blog is to show how faith, my professional training and a healthy sense of humor taught me and continues to teach me that Jesus Christ is always in control. I am a fellow learner as this journey for my child unfolds. My wish is that Ben's legacy gives others hope where there seems to be none. It is also my desire that the information I have assimilated with my medical mind and filtered through a mother's heart gives practical ways to deal with this ever-changing chronic disease. Finally, for the many friends and family members who continue to follow Ben's life change after the injury, the story continues.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hello everyone. Thanks for continuing to follow Ben's updates. In the past few weeks Ben has had several medication adjustments. We are starting to see improved behaviors. We are starting to see Ben's joy return. It isn't as often as I would like, but better. I have had to step back recently to count the blessings that we have TODAY instead of continually striving for tomorrow.
Isaiah 30:15b says that "in quietness and trusting confidence shall be your strength." Many who have experience in watching recovery from TBI mention the fact that improvements often occur after seasons of seemingly small progress. I have "trusting confidence" that Ben is not finished healing. When I called him this evening he said "i love you a lot, Mom" before we said goodbye. He enjoys the time spent with Jim and I. We took a walk around the pond at the recovery center and worked on Ben's garden on Sunday.His memory and cognition has not changed since the last update, but "trusting confidence" says that God isn't finished with Benjamin yet!
i do have a significant prayer request. Ben's medical insurance had disallowed further care at Touchstone. Although we do not plan to move Ben this week, the cost of keeping him at Touchstone is incredibly high. Care at home is impossible for us at this time and would not give Ben the opportunity he needs to improve. Jim and I are looking at no obvious solutions for Ben's care and desperately need God to intervene.....to show us what we need to do. I have HOPE (confident expectation) that He will provide. Thanks, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment